Gathering of Information.
(1) General. Zondits collects personal information through the Site, but only when voluntarily provided by visitors.
(2) Personally Identifiable Information. Zondits collects personally identifiable information which you provide, such as your name, your e-mail address, your telephone number, from the Site for a variety of purposes. This personally identifiable information is provided by you voluntarily and you may voluntarily supply this information in connection with (i) registration for content, (ii) registration for sites or services which require registration (such as subscribing to email newsletters or commenting on stories), (iii) sending correspondences to Zondits, (iv) submitting a photo or other user generated content, and . Zondits will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply on a voluntary basis.
(3) Social Networking. Zondits may ask you to provide personal information for other limited uses specified at the time the information is gathered. Any information you submit on or through social networking features, as part of a story, blog comments forums or discussions, or in response to Zondits’ request for user generated content may become public, including the full name and/or nickname you provide when submitting.
(4) Non-personally Identifiable Information. Zondits may collect non-personally identifiable information, such as IP addresses and cookies, which includes tracking information collected as you navigate or use the Site. Additionally, within Zondits’ mobile application (“Zondits Mobile Services”), Zondits collects a device’s operating system, phone model, application version, automobile make, and content preferences. Zondits also may in the future collect geolocation data through the Site or the Zondits Mobile Services. Geolocation data consists of general location information based on latitude and longitude, rounded to a few miles radius, or based on IP addresses.
(a) Like all webservers, Zondits’ Webserver automatically creates log files for each visitor who accesses the Site. These “access logs” allow us to improve and make our site and services more useful to our visitors. By reviewing these logs, we can better understand our visitors, and this in turn allows us to improve the Site and to provide you with an optimal experience and better service. At no time do the logs reveal your name, address, or email address, even if you have entered these in other areas while using the Site. The Site’s pages cannot extract any personally-identifiable information about you.
(b) As is common practice among web sites, we use “cookies” and similar technologies. In general, cookies — the informational files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website — are used to track and analyze how you and other visitors use our Site. We use these cookies in order to improve the Site, to identify the source of visitors and what pages your using of the Site, to offer visitors interactive and/or personalized features that would not be possible without the cookies, to recall specific information to save visitors time when they return to use the Site, to provide our sponsors targeted sponsorship opportunities, to provide visitors customized sponsorship messages or list of customized videos of interest, and to identify usage and statistical trends. By looking at this traffic we can better understand our community, which allows us to improve the Site and to provide you with an optimal experience and better service. Our sponsorship service vendors, which serve sponsorship messages onto our site, and third party vendors that measure and analyze the use of the Site for us, may also use their own cookies. At no time does the cookie reveal your name, address, or e-mail address (even if you have entered these in specific areas of the Site). The Site pages cannot extract any personally identifying information about you from what we receive via a cookie and your browser.
Use of Information.
(1) Zondits, or any third party vendor acting on Zondits’ behalf to assist in delivering and operating the Site, will not willfully disclose any personally-identifiable information about online users or website visitors to any non-affiliated third party without first receiving the user or visitor’s permission or unless required by law.
(2) The use of personally-identifiable information is limited to the following activities, should they exist currently or become available in the future: managing and administering the Site; responding to user messages; listing name and location (city, state and/or country) information provided by users when publishing user generated content; fulfillment of purchases made through the Site; offering access to Zondits tours and events; contest management; editorial purposes such as contacting users for an online survey; sending Zondits e-mail newsletters and other communications, including marketing and promotional communications, from Zondits or Zondits member stations to users who have ‘opted in’ to the receipt of such communications; other internal Zondits or Zondits member station purposes; and other purposes specified at the time the information is gathered. Any geolocation data collected through Site is used to offer relevant content, including content from nearby Member stations to the visitor. Zondits may contact users regarding their submissions in certain circumstances.
(3) Social Networking. Any information that you disclose when participating in the Zondits social networking features, forums or discussions, such as your full name and any nickname, is likely to become public. This information may be posted on the Site and on the platform of Zondits’ third party discussion services vendor. In addition, Zondits, may use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode, and/or adapt any user generated content, and any information contained therein, in any and all media formats or channels, whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Site, other third party web sites and services, and on mobile platforms. If you send user generated content to Zondits through the Site, we may print the user generated content, or an excerpt from the user generated content, on the Site, or otherwise publish them in any other medium, together with your name and location (city, state and/or country) if you provide that information to Zondits.
(4) Opt-out. If you do not want your personally-identifiable information to be collected or used for any of the above-mentioned purposes, please do not provide it (please note that opting out of providing some personally-identifiable information may cause you to not be able to use or participate in certain features of the Site).
(5) Zondits does not sell, exchange, or lend email addresses with any third party unless specified and the user consents at the time of the submission.
(7) Zondits offers and may offer in the future several e-mail newsletters and emails. We will always provide a clear and convenient method of unsubscribing to our e-mailings. If you no longer wish to receive a specific newsletter, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located in each newsletter or email, or go to the Site’s Contact Us page and send us a message. We will update our records as soon as possible.
(8) Zondits, with the assistance from time to time of its third party service vendors, uses non-identifying aggregate information to analyze use of and better design the Site and to share with third parties in aggregate form only as appropriate. For example, we may tell a third party that a certain number of users accessed a particular video on a site. However, we will not disclose any information that could be used to identify those users.
Security of Information.
Zondits has in place what it believes to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Credit card information submitted to any of Site, if any, is protected against unauthorized use by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security features. The SSL protocol is the industry standard method for creating an encrypted, secure connection between your web browser and a web server, such as the Site’s server. You should, however, keep in mind that no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Because most e-mail is not encrypted, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Guidelines for Minors
(2) Ages 13-18. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to submit any user generated content on or through the Site, participate in any online contests, or place an order at the Zondits shop. Visitors between the ages of 13 and 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before registering for email newsletters or other features of the Site or otherwise sending any personally-identifying information.
Links to Other Sites and Services.
The Site contains links to other sites, application and services maintained by third parties that may have different privacy policies from Zondits. In some cases, the Site may include certain embedded tools that are provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the policies of third parties. You should only use these third party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies.
The Site includes or may include in the future a tool that allows you to sign in or share content using information from your account with a third party service, such as various social networking sites. Please be aware that those third party services are unrelated to Zondits and your use of the third party services is subject to the terms and policies of those services.
Dated as of March 14, 2014.