What’s driving millions of dollars back into energy efficiency?The Guardian, August 8, 2014
Just a few years ago, funding for energy efficiency projects seemed doomed. But now it’s surging back:
- Deutsche Bank has issued $104m in bonds to fund residential energy efficiency projects.
- In France, state bank Caisse de Depots et Consignations will set aside €5bn (about $6.69bn) for energy programs with half dedicated to building efficiency and zero interest loans for homeowners.
- California-based start-up Renewable Funding recently obtained a $300m line of credit to retrofit homes for efficiency in California, Hawaii and Pennsylvania among other places.
- Connecticut’s Clean Energy and Finance Authority is working with private investors to secure up to $30m in commercial efficiency upgrades.
- New York governor Andrew Cuomo’s NY Green Bank has raised nearly $220m to spur efficiency and renewable energy projects.